About the partner:
Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide.
Cisco Networking Academy delivers a comprehensive, 21st-century learning experience to help students develop the foundational ICT skills needed to design, build, and manage networks, along with career skills such as problem-solving, collaboration, and critical thinking. Student’s complete hands-on learning activities and network simulations to develop practical skills that will help them fill a growing need for networking professionals around the world.
Networking Academy uses a public-private partnership model to create the “world’s largest classroom”. Cisco partners through TASK in Telangana with educational institutions, nonprofits and nongovernmental organizations, governments, and community centers that provide classroom space, computer lab equipment, and qualified instructors. Cisco provides online curricula, teacher training, and professional development for instructors, online assessments that provide immediate feedback.
Details of partnership:
TASK and CISCO have decided to work together for the purpose of expanding Academy Program into the educational system in the region. The parties accept this MoU can only serve as a framework and that its implementation will be resolved through discussion and joint agreement between representatives of CISCO and TASK.
Cisco Networking Academy supports instructors by providing educational resources, learning management tools, professional development opportunities, and events that support learning and collaboration.
Networking Academy helps students prepare to assume entry-level ICT jobs, pursue additional training or education, and earn globally recognized certification so they can maintain networks that form the backbone of today’s and tomorrow’s global economy.
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology
- Bachelor of Commerce (all specializations)
- Bachelor of Science (all specializations)
Benefits for the beneficiaries:
- Offer a high-quality curriculum that combines in-depth technical training and professional skills development.
- Choose courses to complement academic or vocational program and prepare students for certification.
- Leverage Cisco learning platform to track student success and connect with educators and IT experts.
- Access support and training to get the program up and running, and share best practices.
- Point students to career building resources created with employers for Cisco alumni.
- Receive discounts on Cisco equipment for classroom and certification exams for students.
- Academies gain access to standards-based courses that support core academics and align to in-demand job skills and globally recognized certifications, including the CCENT certification for entry-level network technicians and the CCNA Security certification for security specialists.
- Through the Networking Academy training model, academies deliver training to students and receive training and support from Instructor Training Centers (ITCs) and Academy Support Centers (ASCs).
Cisco Networking Academy prepares a student for a rewarding career in a connected world. Students gain ICT knowledge and practical experience through the Networking Academy program.
- Courses: Study the latest networking, security, and cloud technologies and practice what student learn in hands-on labs and using simulation tool.
- Certification: Prepare for a professional certification, recognized by employers worldwide and help to fill an estimated eight million networking jobs around the world.
- Career Pathways: Connect to a global community of employers and alumni to find a job.
- As a Networking Academy student, students gain access to innovative learning tools, a global support community, and resources to help you launch your career.
- Students who successfully complete Networking Academy courses are invited to join the global alumni community on LinkedIn.
- Training and Resources
- As an instructor, you’ll gain access to an online course delivery and learning management system and resources such as class guides, lab manuals, and innovative learning tools.
- Networking Academy also provides online forums and support, instructor training courses, certification exam fee waivers, and regional conferences and events.
- Networking Academy instructors are encouraged to collaborate and share best practices as members of a global community of IT and networking professionals.
- Networking Academy also provides opportunities for instructors to assist in the development of new courses
|1||CISCO – IT Essentials||ITE||70 hours|
|2||CISCO – CCENT
Module 1: Introduction to Networks
Module 2: Routing and Switching Essentials
|CISCO CCENT||140 hours|
|3||CCNA Routing and Switching
Module 3: Scaling Networks
Module 4: Connecting Networks
|CCNA Routing and Switching||140 hours|
|4||Introduction to Cybersecurity||Intro_CyberSec||15hours|
|6||Introduction to IoT||Intro_IoT||20hours|
|7||IoT Fundamental||IoT_Fund||140 hours|
|8||Programming Essentials in C||CLA||70hours|
|9||Programming Essentials in C++||CPA||70hours|
How to avail the benefits:
For more details regarding this program, contact your concerned TPO / TASK coordinator.